Music


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Public Speaking

Thank you Catherine for reminding me.

I have just started this Public Speaking exercise for 1-1. This exercise involves getting each student to present something for about 10 minutes in front of the class. Hands up, all those that shiver at the thought of standing in front of a class? Dont worry, you are not alone.

I believe in grooming you all not just in your behavior and academic results, but also useful skills in the working world.

I was once a very shy and quiet student in class. Teachers hardly remember me as I was the"invisible" student. However, when in University, I realised I lacked alot of presentation skills and public speaking skills.

One example I remember was when I had to prepare on a Module while I was in University. I spent long hours researching, and making possibly one of the best powerpoint presentations ever in my life. But when my turn came to present, I was all Jelly legs and Sweaty palms. I did not do a good job at all.

I scored an average for that Module.

However, I was lucky later in life that my hobbies "forced" me to learn to compose myself in front of large crowds and to handle talking to people who were "more powerful" than myself.

This eventually helped me ace most interviews thus I was able to work at some of the largest local banks in Singapore the moment I graduated.

It is my sincere heart felt wish that each of you will go on further in life as a mature and well opinionated individual. =)


PS: If any of you have some issues that you wish for me to address, or talk about. Be it my opinion on some current affair issues or class happenings, feel free to leave a note in my Chatbox and I will look into it.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment